Deliver Real Value, Every Sprint & Release
This hands-on certification course is appropriate for anyone in the Product Owner role or community of roles, or stakeholders who are in the value stream of feeding features or requirements to the development organization.
- Product Managers, Product Marketing, Business Analysts, Functional Analysts, Line of business sponsors for development projects
Iterative and incremental development requires a steady stream of highest-value Agile requirements which are elaborated just-in-time and thus remain fresh and relevant. Agile software development puts both control and responsibility for success squarely in the hands of the "Product Owner". The challenge becomes how to provide the constant evaluation of value, the constant interaction with the delivery team, and the constant determination off whether requirements are, indeed, done. The best Product Owners harness the Agile feedback loops to constantly improve the value the software organization is delivering. Whether the "product" is for sale in the marketplace, for internal consumption, or custom software built on spec, the Agile product organization must be able to plan for success.
Upon completion of the course, participants are registered as Certified Scrum Product Owners (CSPOs). Registration includes a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where valuable Scrum Product Owner material and information are available.
Participants of this course will be eligible to apply for 14 PDU's toward their continuing education requirements with PMI (Project Management Institute).
Class registration includes a copy of course materials for personal use along with initial certification and exam fee. Continental breakfast, lunch and snack items are served daily including beverages.
After this course, attendees will be able to:
- Manage Agile requirements using personas, modeling, user stories, story mapping, acceptance criteria and just-in-time elaboration.
- Plan, prioritize, and sequence the Product Backlog.
- Lead the five levels of Agile planning: vision, roadmap, release, iteration and daily
- Understand the Agile product organization, including best practices for team structures that support iterative and incremental value delivery
- Agile and Product Owner Overview
The Big Picture
- User Stories
- Acceptance Criteria
- Breaking Stories Down
- Release Planning
- Sprint Planning
- Track and Support the Sprint
- Guide the Release
- The PO Calendar
- Organize to Fill PO Role
- Agile Values