- Why Agile University?
- Do I Become Certified After Attending a Course?
- What is the Cancelation and Rescheduling Policy?
- How Do I Apply for PDU Credits?
- What Form of Payment Can I Use?
- Are Meals and Snacks Provided During Training?
- Work Assistance Program Process (Colorado)
- How Do I Request a Class?
The mission of Agile University is to instill Agile principles, share knowledge of Agile practices and advance adoption of Agile approaches. Through this collaborative effort, we manifest the power of people working together to perfect the art of software development.
Teams who receive training and guidance from a coach are much more likely to succeed than those who don't. Training offers teams an opportunity to gain shared understanding around language, meaning and practices that is difficult to achieve when individual team members just read books or browse websites. If your team is struggling with estimating, completing committed work in an iteration, building consistent quality products, good meeting practices, role transitions, engineering practices, delivering value, or any other Agile practice, training can help!
Scrum Alliance, the certifying organization for ScrumMasters, Scrum Product Owners and Certified Scrum Practitioners has announced new plans for student certification. Beginning October 1, 2009 a multiple choice, certification exam will be administered to each student completing a Certified ScrumMaster or a Certified Scrum Product Owner Training.
On course completion, participants are registered as Certified ScrumMasters (CSMs), which includes a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where valuable ScrumMaster-material and information is available exclusively to CSMs. You will be contacted by Scrum Alliance approximately two weeks following your course with further details on becoming certified.
Effective April 1, 2009 all CSM, CSPO and CSP certifications will be valid for a period of two years. This means that everyone who was awarded a CSM, CSPO or CSP certification on or before April 1, 2009 must recertify by April 1, 2011 to maintain their certified status. Individuals seeking recertification will be required to demonstrate that their knowledge and skills in the domain of ScrumMaster, Product Owner, or Scrum Practitioner remain current and they will be required to pay a recertification fee. Specific details of the recertification requirements will be finalized during the Scrum Gathering in Orlando in March and will be announced shortly thereafter.
Rally Software reserves the right to make changes in course schedules, dates, locations and accommodations and will make every effort to notify students at least 5 or more business days prior to the course start date. However, Rally Software is not responsible for personal travel, accommodations, or other incidental expenses should Rally Software cancel or reschedule an event.
All requests made by registrants to cancel or reschedule their individual registrations must be received by email or other written communication. Cancellations or requests to reschedule received 5 or more business days prior to the scheduled start date of the course will incur no fee and for any cancellations, a full refund will be made. Cancellations or requests to reschedule received 1 to 4 business days prior to the course start date will incur a fee equal to 50% of the full course registration cost. Cancellations or no-shows on the day of the event are subject to a fee equal to 100% of the full course registration cost.
Students must claim their own PDUs. Below are the instructions to apply for credits. Generally, the rule is very simple. Each hour spent in the course counts for 1 PDU.
- You are eligible for XX PDUs (where XX = number of hours spent in the course) under Category 4: Other Providers. For example, in a two day, Certified ScrumMaster course you would be eligible for 16 hours of elective credit.
- You have to apply for your own credits, as Agile University cannot do this for you.
Using your personal member username and password, login to the www.pmi.org site:
- Once you're in, click on the "View PDUs" link that can be found on the left column of the page.
- You will then need to login again, this time using your PMI ID Number, your PMP Certification Number and your password. NOTE: Your password here is the first four characters of your last name.
- Before hitting enter, make sure you have the radio button "PMI PDU Self Report Form" clicked.
- Next, on the self reporting screen, select Category 4 from the drop down ("Other Program Provider") menu. This is for education providers that are not registered with the PMI.
- Click "continue," and you'll have to enter in all the specifics about the class, including the areas of "Knowledge" and "Process" dropdowns.
- We recommend selecting "all" to represent the areas covered. For "Application/Specific Interest" areas, we recommend selecting "09: Information Systems."
- You will also need the specific contact information for the instructor (address, phone, email). This should be provided during the course. If you do not have it, please email [email protected]
- Once you have completed these steps, you're done! With the exception of a review by the PMI before granting you the PDUs, of course!
For all classes through Agile University payment by credit card is preferred and will be accepted through our registration system. We no longer accept invoices as a form of payment.
Continental breakfast, lunch and snack items are served daily including beverages. Agile University makes every effort to accommodate dietary restrictions based on the information you provide during the registration process.
If you are applying for a class based in Colorado and want to use a Work Assistance Program please send the following information to [email protected]
- Make sure your funds have been approved by your manager
- Your full name and contact information
- Your Work Assistance Program Manager's contact information
- The date and class of interest
A representative from Agile University will contact you afterwards with additional instructions.
If you have recommendations on a new course that you would like to see from Agile University please write [email protected] with your ideas.