Agile for Project Managers
Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Exam Prep
This three-day course from CA Technologies (formerly Rally Software) will offer everything you need to understanding Agile and Lean techniques that are in practice today. Throughout the course, exercises and simulations will bring current problems and solutions into the room to enhance your existing knowledge of product development.
CA Technologies (formerly Rally Software) is a Project Management Institute (PMI) Registered Education Provider (REP) and we are dedicated to helping organizations succeed with Agile practices and Lean principles that increase the pace of innovation and improve product quality.
Anyone interested in passing the PMI-ACP Exam on the first try will want to take this course! In addition, this course is perfect for anyone seeking a well-rounded understanding of Agile and Lean principles and practices.
In addition to passing PMI’s exam, eligibility requirements for PMI-ACP certification include:
- 21 contact hours (PDUs) earned in Agile project management topics
- 8 Months (min 1,500 hours) working on agile project teams or in agile methodologies within the last two years. This is in addition to the 2,000 hours project management experience.
- 12 Months (min 2,000 hours) working on project teams within the last five years. Those with PMP(r) and PgMP(r) credentials have already met this requirement.
To learn more or to apply for the exam, refer to PMI's Agile Certified Practitioner page.
This course is qualified for 21 Agile PDUs to prepare for the PMI-ACP Exam from PMI, however is appropriate for all audiences looking to gain a true understanding of practicing agile.
Class registration includes a copy of course materials for personal use. Continental breakfast, lunch and snack items are served daily including beverages.
Throughout the 3 days we will cover and build on:
- Agile Manifesto and Frameworks
- Planning, Estimating and Adjustment Practices
- Lean Basics
- Kanban Design and Value Stream Mapping
- Visible Communication and Information Radiators
- Iterative Risk Management
- Facilitation Techniques and Conflict Resolution
- Testing Tips and Techniques